3 - 5 years
In this position, you will serve as a grant program manager over all behavioral health grants for outpatient behavioral health. The position is responsible for developing, overseeing, and executing all grant responsibilities. This is an excellent relocation opportunity for someone looking to add adventure and change to their lifestyle in beautiful Juneau, AK!
- Administration and Management of grant and project administrative activities, including responsibility of developing, managing and implementing grants and grant-related programming.
- Program Manager will identify and develop strategies to optimize the Behavioral Health Division’s grants and grant-related programs. Program Manager will work with the SEARHC Planning and Development Division to identify and evaluate available behavioral health grant opportunities, and provide requested content support for preparing grant applications. Program Manager will ensure that awarded grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization. The Program Manager will keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities. The Program Manager will oversee the job of invoicing, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process. The Program Manager will track program spending for the purpose of grant compliance and appropriate grant spend-down. The Program Manager will prepare detailed reports to funders and SEARHC leadership with respect to the organization's progress. The Program Manager will assist in the organizational budget process by preparing business or budget plans for management and the Finance Department.
- The Program Manager will be a participant member of the Behavioral Health Management Team. The Program Manager will contribute to BH Division team discussions for process improvement, accreditation, training, budget and other topics related to projects and grant management.
- The Program Manager will maintain and coordinate effective collaboration and partnerships with all SEARHC entities related to program and special project activities.
- The Program Manager will be given special projects for Behavioral Health as assigned.
- Masters in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or other closely related Human Service field. Needed for conceptual thinking, client assessment, therapeutic intervention, and clinical supervision.
- Minimum of three years of experience with grant management and client service delivery
- Preferred two years supervisory experience
- Preferred: 1) Five years of experience in the mental health or substance abuse field, preferably with some experience serving the Alaska native population. 3) Demonstrated management skills or two years of academic training in management can be concurrent with other experience.
License and Certifications:
- Master’s level - A mental health provider or eligible for Alaska licensure as Psychological Associate, Professional Counselor or Clinical Social Worker at time of original hire preferred but not required.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license within six months of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good understanding of the organization's overall business and its objectives
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of Therapy and Counseling principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of behavioral disorders, impairment, and dysfunctionality.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Human Resources – Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection and training.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative projects
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Strong Skills in grant writing and management
- Skills in Management and Leadership, which include analysis and proactive advocacy for the program and deliverable services.
- Skills in administrative and supervision to facilitate program direction.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to integrate knowledge into practicalities and application.
- Ability to work with BH staff to motivate and lead staff in the achievement of project goals
- Ability to manage a multitude of grants and reporting with excellent writing skills
- A multi-tasker with strong ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse workforce
- Ability to work under pressure, short time lines and be responsive in environment where the mitigation of human suffering depends on the leadership, stability and professionalism of the incumbent.
Job ID: 248756583