K-8 Private School Administrator (School Administration)
Date Available: Immediate
Location: 6225 Atascadero Mall, Atascadero, CA 93422
The Administrator directly reports to the North County Christian School (NCCS) Board of Directors and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school. The Administrator is ultimately the key spiritual, academic, and financial leader of the school, shaping and nurturing the staff, the administrative team, and the school community. The current reports directly given to the Administrator include Teachers and Teacher Aides (K-8), Preschool Director, Facilities Manager, Bookkeeper, Thrift Store Manager, and the Office Personnel.
LEADERSHIP CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL ADMINISTRATOR
- Vibrant Faith- This leader will have a true heart for God and desire to walk with integrity in all situations. He/she is Biblically minded and Holy Spirit-driven, with a deep, genuine, love for the Lord and His Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. This will be evidenced by active participation in a local Christian church body and a commitment to personal spiritual growth.
- Ability to Develop and Communicate Fresh Vision- This person will have the ability to understand who NCCS is and can be, and further define how NCCS can offer distinct value and excellence to the local community. Casting this fresh vision widely will impact enrollment and fundraising in a positive direction (School Improvement). This leader will bring a balance of internal focus (leading the team toward academic and spiritual improvements in the school and leading long-term financial planning) and external focus (cultivating relationships and investments in the school).
- Relational Communication Skills- This leader will bring an exceptional gift of communication, focused on inspiring, informing, and unifying the faculty, parents, and board (Includes teacher evaluations).
- Decisive School Leadership- This person will bring leadership experience and passion for private Christian education. The next Administrator will demonstrate the past success of taking an established school to the next level and the shaping and building of a team. Covering all decisions in prayer, this person will wisely ensure that all faculty and staff are flourishing in their roles, even if that means that some change is needed (Includes school operations, and student discipline).
- Humble Servant Leadership- Even the most experienced and capable educational leader should come to NCCS with a spirit of genuine humility and a loving servant-style of leadership. This person should have the gift of maximizing the strengths of others. (Includes instructional leadership, school counseling, and student management).
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Administrative credentials preferred (Principal Certification)
- Agreement with NCCS Statement of Faith
- Successful track record in educational leadership and management
- Prior experience working with a non-profit board highly preferred
- Development and fundraising experience preferred
- Experience with WASC Accreditation (Renewal scheduled for Fall 2021)
- 3 yrs. experience in classroom instruction; 5 years preferred
- 3 yrs. experience in education administration; 5 years preferred
Successful leadership in any educational institution is judged by how well its leader meets the expectations of its governing body, meets the needs of its students, and responds to the input of its faculty, administration, parents, and other constituent groups.
As the current board works with the new Administrator to develop a new five-year Strategic Plan, these items will likely be included:
- Increase enrollment consistently by 15% each year.
- Bring new and up-to-date best practices to the academic program, building on areas of strength (e.g., music, arts) and improving areas of weakness.
- Improve the consistency of communication to and between all constituents of NCCS, unifying and inspiring the faculty, parents, and board.
- Increase fundraising to fund financial aid, capital improvements (refresh and update the facilities and campus), and faculty compensation.
PROCESS OF CANDIDACY
If you sense that the gifts and experience God has given you are an initially good match for NCCS, we invite you to begin the inquiry process. We handle all candidate information and conversations confidentially.
Please provide the following for review:
- A current resume
- Responses to the following essay questions:
- Please share your Christian testimony.
- Using what you have learned about NCCS from the NCCS website, this job description, and other research you have conducted, describe how your life and career have prepared you to lead and to grow NCCS.
- Provide the names and contact information (telephone numbers and email addresses) for four references who know you and your career well enough to comment on your suitability for the Administrator position at NCCS. (References will only be contacted after we have requested and received your permission to do so.)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year